Southwestern Girls Tennis Have Great Expectations

Ashton Goode, Sports Editor

This year we have a great girls tennis team. They’re coached by Kenny Garrett who was at one time the Lady Rebels basketball coach. I asked a few players some of the following questions about themselves and the team.

I asked Autumn Harmon, a sophomore who has played since seventh grade, what her expectations are for the team this year. She replied that “this year I hope we win conference and sectionals.” I also asked her how many matches has she won this year and she answered with “ We have played two games and a tournament, I have won three games out of the four I have played.” Autumn plays singles for the Lady Rebels tennis team. She hopes to win all of her regular season games.  Autumn says “two strengths are my serves and net play.” She says “ a weakness of mine is my backhand shot.” She wants to add that “ We have a great coach this year and are looking to be very successful in the future. “

I also asked Maddy Jacobs, a junior who is a newcomer this year, what her expectations are for the team this year and herself. She replied that “ this year I hope that we win conference.”Maddy plays doubles for the Lady Rebels tennis team. One of Maddy’s weaknesses is her serve. Maddy says “ I am glad I decided to try tennis this year because I am learning new things and getting better.”