Lost and Found: Book Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lost and Found: Book Review

Avery Wilson, Writer

About The Author

Katrina Leno is an author from Connecticut and was first published at the young age of sixteen years old. She was first published in the Connecticut Review and holds an MFA in creative writing. She has written other young adult novels such as Summer of Salt, The Half Life of Molly Pierce, Everything All at Once, You Must Not Miss, and; the book we will be reviewing today, The Lost & Found.

About The Book

This book is about about two teenagers who tend to lose things. The girl is named Frances. She has lived with her grandparents ever since her mother was thrown into an insane asylum. Frances is unaware that her mother has lived in that place because she hasn’t seen her mother since she was very young. After learning about her mother’s passing, and that her grandparents have been hiding the letters her mother had written to her over the years, Frances becomes furious. To calm her nerves she talks to her friend Louis in a chat room for teens who have been through some horrific events. Louis is our second main character in this story. When Louis was young he climbed onto the fire escape with his twin sister, Willa. Willa lost her balance and hit the pavement, breaking both her legs. While they were at the hospital the doctor told their parents that they would have to remove both her legs right below the knee. In the letters Frances mother wrote to her, she tells her that her real father is a country singer by the name of Wallace Green. She decides to go on a trip with her cousin; Arrow, to visit this man and find out if her mother was telling the truth.  Louis is also going on a trip to the same place to visit his dream collage in Austin, Texas. Will Francis ever find her “real” father? Will Louis finally find the courage to go to college? You’ll just have to see for yourself.

About the Writer
Avery Wilson, Writer

Avery Wilson is a senior at Southwestern High School. Avery joined the Newspaper/Current Events class because she wanted to get more involved with the...

• Lost and Found: Book Review

Entertainment

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

• Entertainment

How to Avoid Spoilers for Endgame

• Lost and Found: Book Review

Entertainment

Mystery of the Misplaced McQueen

• Entertainment

Top 10 Most Unusual Pets

• Lost and Found: Book Review

Entertainment

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Review

• Lost and Found: Book Review

Entertainment

Captain Marvel Review

• Lost and Found: Book Review

Entertainment

Songs of Our Native Daughters and the Beauty in Reclaiming History

• Lost and Found: Book Review

Entertainment

Top Ten Marvel Movies

• Lost and Found: Book Review

Entertainment

Southwestern’s Best Memories

• Lost and Found: Book Review

Entertainment

Ant Man and The Wasp Review

Lost and Found: Book Review