Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

William Leach and Kadin Miller

Last weekend Marvel Studios Avengers: Endgame was released to excited fans across the globe. A movie like this with over 11 years of buildup has never been achieved before in cinematic history. It blends all of the previous MCU films into one massive event that pays respect to those last 11 years. Endgame opening weekend brought in 1.2 billion dollars internationally. Endgame is on track to becoming the highest grossing movie ever. With its amazing fan service for long-time viewers, The action put into the film, and the emotional impact this had on the MCU of course, everyone is talking about this movie. From news outlets to other students at school. With all of the hype surrounding it, Kadin and I saw the film to give you our spoiler-filled review of Avengers: Endgame.

Let’s start off this review by talking about the action in this film. The action scenes are as great. There as great as Infinity war, if not better. Throughout the movie have subtle callbacks to previous fight scenes in other MCU films. From Iron Man and his daughter’s shared love for cheeseburgers, calling back to the original Iron Man. Even when Captain America picks up Thor’s hammer, calling back to Avengers: Age of Ultron when Cap could nearly budge the hammer of the gods. Every hero has there moment to shine through the action. Every inch of the screen is covered with action whenever a fight’s going on. There’s never a dull fight scene because they make our main villain, Thanos, so powerful. With nearly 70 heroes in a single fight, it’s amazing that they were able to pull this off. Similar to Infinity War, this movie has our heroes struggle to fight. With this constant struggle, it makes for great scenarios where we don’t know if our heroes come out on top.

There are some noticeable flaws with the movie though. No movie is free from criticism and yes, Avengers: Endgame has its far-bit of that. For being as long as it is at just over 3-hours, the movie can, at times drag on. The first 2 hours of Endgame can be choppy and somewhat oddly paced. In these 2 hours is the bulk of the story and plot, which isn’t good if those 2 hours are considered to be poorly edited. Besides that, this ground-breaking film is nearly perfect. A 3-hour film like Endgame is usually plagued with problems but the duo directors of The Russo Brothers makes this movie surprisingly work.

Another huge thing about this film is the emotional impact that it has had on fans. The theater was filled with people screaming, laughing, and even crying over these characters. Whenever Captain America uses Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir, in the final battle, the whole theater was ecstatic. Or the moment when Tony Stark sacrificed himself to save the universe, the theater was filled with people tearing up and crying. These characters have become like family to some viewers. This just goes to show how deeply people have come to love these characters. The people at Marvel have truly created something special. Something that’s been building up for over a decade, across 22 films. Something so big that I don’t think will ever happen again. With so much passion and care put into these movies, I can say that the MCU is a rare case of a cinematic universe done right.

Overall, this film is one of the best movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, if not the best. It’s quickly becoming the highest grossing movie of all time. It recently took second in overall profit overtaking Titanic. In our opinion, it’s the conclusion that these movies truly deserve. This film franchise is our generations Star Wars in how much hype and news there is around these films. We can all agree that superhero movies are the most hyped genre of movies to come out right now. Avengers: Endgame deserves all of the praise that it’s getting. Although there are some flaws within the movie the flaws are outweighed by all of the things this film did right. Will and I definitely think this movie deserves an A rating from both of us. Marvels next film, Spider-Man: Far From Home is set to come in theaters on July 2nd.

To see Will and I’s Avengers: Infinity War Review, Click the link below to read it.

Avengers: Infinity War Review

About the Writers
William Leach, Writer

I am an editor of The Rebellious Times. My name is William Leach. I'm fourteen, and I'm a freshman at Southwestern High School. I joined this class in...

Kadin Miller, Writer

Hello, my name is Kadin Miller, and I am a sophomore at Southwestern Highschool. I was born on November 8th, 2002. I like to shoot archery and watch movies.

• Entertainment

How to Avoid Spoilers for Endgame

• Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Entertainment

Lost and Found: Book Review

• Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Entertainment

Mystery of the Misplaced McQueen

• Entertainment

Top 10 Most Unusual Pets

• Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Entertainment

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Review

• Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Entertainment

Captain Marvel Review

• Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Entertainment

Songs of Our Native Daughters and the Beauty in Reclaiming History

• Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Entertainment

Top Ten Marvel Movies

• Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Entertainment

Southwestern’s Best Memories

• Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Entertainment

Ant Man and The Wasp Review

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review