Back to Back Sectional Champs

Ashton Goode, Sports Editor

The first game of the sectional started with Milan playing against South Decatur and the result being Milan. Southwestern played Switzerland county with Southwestern winning 81 to 62. In the second round of sectionals, North Decatur and Milan faced off and making it to the championship game was Milan. To see who would face Milan in the championship was Southwestern and South Ripley with the score being 36 to 31. Milan and Southwestern played in a nerve-racking sectional championship game. Southwestern pulled away and got the win with the score resulting in 68 to 52.

The 2A number 1 Rebels are headed to regionals after their back to back sectional win. In the championship game Tyler Kramer was the leading scorer with 38 points and to follow was Foster Mefford wi

th 11. Hunter Mefford ended with 4, Matthew Williams with 9 and Zach Cole, a freshman, ended up with 6. The sectional title has only been won seven times in school history for boys basketball. The win is the 25th win of the season and Coach Bomholt’s 150th in Hanover.
The first game of the regional will start on Saturday at 10, and you will see the teams Paoli and Linton-Stockton. The second game is at noon between Southwestern(25-1) and on Tell City(20-5). The championship game will start at 8pm on Saturday evening.
The Rebel fans filled all of the bleachers with Rebel pride. The student section and cheerleaders were loud and proud of their Rebels. Some of the students in the student section even did some back-flips, back handsprings, and some dance moves for their Rebels.